Chewing is part of a dog’s daily life. So dog owners should not be worried that the dogs could cause harm if you properly redirect your fur-buddy’s near-singular focus. Severe and utter destruction seems to be the outright satisfaction of most dogs whenever they contact anything new or exciting.
Thankfully, some dog toys are designed especially for aggressive chewers, and they are available in dog stores, online, and in supermarkets. Dog toys for aggressive chewers are durable and sturdy to bear the bites of sharp canines from virtually any dog breed. Their design and sturdy construction will provide your furry friend with long-lasting play and fun.
So, how do these dog toys work for aggressive chewers, and how is it helpful for dog development?
- These toys help keep your dog very busy and active.
- They stimulate your dog’s intelligence.
- They improve the communication and relationship between you and your pet.
Like other animals, dogs are not all alike because they are of different breeds, and they are brought up differently, so their natural temperaments and behaviors are also diverse. Some dogs are aggressive chewers, while others are well-behaved in nature. Considering these factors, toy manufacturers have developed various toys for aggressive chewers for large, medium, and small dogs.
Tips in Selecting Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
- Hard Nylon Bones: This has become one of the most widely used dog toys for aggressive chewers, primarily because dogs of any size or breed have shown a preference for it. Dogs often prefer them over rawhide bones, which can easily choke your dog as they begin to dissolve and potentially come off in small pieces in your dog’s mouth. Hard nylon bones are very durable because they were designed and built according to a specific resistance strength standard.
- Rubber or Vinyl Toys: Most of the time, your dog gets bored with the same old bone after some time. When this happens, you can decide to get your furry-friend some vinyl or rubber dog toys. These materials also make for very durable dog toys for aggressive chewers.
- Ropes: Dogs also enjoy an occasional game of tug-o-war, so you might want to consider buying a rope toy for your pet as well. Specially-designed braided rope toys have added strength that makes them durable.
Best Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Ball
Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope and Ball is very durable, and it has a tug-o-war rope at each end, making the toy very versatile for playing and chewing. It has a unique design that allows the ball to float even when it has a puncture, so this toy is perfect for water-based fun.
It is very durable, and it has a tug-o-war rope at each end, making the toy very versatile for playing and chewing. It has a unique design that allows the ball to float even when it has a puncture, so this toy is perfect for water-based fun.
Kong – Extreme
This Kong brand dog toy is the most recognized toy for aggressive chewers, and its manufacturer designs this toy, especially for this purpose, and the reason why this toy is one of the best-selling chew-toys out there. The classic shape gives you the option to fill the open end with peanut butter or the KONG Stuff N Paster Bacon/Cheese paste.
If your dog likes something tasty, then Benebone Wishbone is the perfect chew toy for him. High quality and durable nylon make up the regular Wishbone and Wishbone mini. They are available in three different flavors: rotisserie chicken, bacon, and peanut butter and have no artificial flavors or chemicals.
Kong – Extreme Ball
This Kong brand ball is a classic shape for bouncy fun that provides an interactive game of fetch with your furry friend or keeps your dog entertained for hours tossing it about alone.
These are the best dog toys available for aggressive chewers available on the market today. When choosing toys for your dog, be sure to select those that do not contain any carcinogenic material that may be harmful to your dog. Remember that choosing dog toys is not just a matter of entertainment but also a matter of your dog’s health.